Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bronze Age Center. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Neil Ewart Park, among others
Topic Started: Oct 6 2016, 10:39 PM (441 Views)
Eric L.
[ * ]
I just received this incredible Ewart Park that he made a couple weeks ago. I figure I'd share pics of it here. Pictures really don't do this one justice. The edge work is really out of this world, and it's amazing to see how refined his work has become lately.

Here's a picture of it next to the type G and Naue with bronze handle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matthew Amt
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Goodness, that IS nice! I'm loving the bronze hilt on that Naue II, as well, I had no idea he was making something like that.

Congrats!

Matthew

Frank S.
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Looks great!

Phil Melhop
[ * ]
Liking the bronze gripped Naue II myself. Is the grip hollow or solid?

Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Neil really is the master in (bronze age) cutting edge technology. Getting those edges as nice as that is not easy. For me it takes up as much time as the rest of the work on a sword, and still don't turn out that even. It's also great to see that Neil is still pushing his skill level further after making so many swords.

Eric L.
[ * ]
Thanks for the comments! I know we're all Neil fans, so thought to share these. I used to own more swords from various makers, but sold the rest just to focus on his work! He really is amazing.

The bronze handle on the Naue is hollow, but the tang makes contact inside and the rivets are really well done; Neil did a very good job fitting it as it feels very solid.

Neil has been quite active on his facebook page the last few months, so it's been amazing seeing the sudden progression with his edge work. When I got this new Ewart Park recently, I was really astounded to see the edge work on it. It's so clean and straight that it's practically perfect looking. He seems super busy at the moment, but not surprisingly. His work really does speak for itself!

« Previous Topic · European Studies · Next Topic »
Add Reply