Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bronze Age Center. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Something from the Siberian Times
Topic Started: Aug 8 2016, 12:04 PM (410 Views)
Phil Melhop
[ * ]
Hi Guys
I picked this up off an unrelated Facebook post, http://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy...arthed-in-omsk/
Bronze Age bone armour, it is worth a read.
Phil
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matthew Amt
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Oh, yeah, that looks familiar! Very cool find. (Though the use of the term "perfect condition" is amusing!) The idea of armor that never needs polishing is HIGHLY attractive...

Matthew

Phil Melhop
[ * ]
Hi Matthew, it popped up on a UK HEMA FB page, thought here was more appropriate

Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
"it dates from 3,900 to 3,500 years ago". Does that make it a contender for the oldest preserved armour? I personally don't know any armour as old as that.

Matthew Amt
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Jeroen Zuiderwijk,Aug 8 2016
05:26 PM
"it dates from 3,900 to 3,500 years ago". Does that make it a contender for the oldest preserved armour? I personally don't know any armour as old as that.

Assuming we can trust the Russian archeologists to get the date right...

Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Matthew Amt,Aug 9 2016
02:47 AM
Jeroen Zuiderwijk,Aug 8 2016
05:26 PM

Assuming we can trust the Russian archeologists to get the date right...

And the media :)

Dan Howard
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
I'm sure I saw this in the media a year or two ago but can't remember where. Global warming should be good for archaeology in places like Siberia. All sorts of things should pop up as the permafrost disappears.

Edit: I did see it a couple of years ago. The above article is dated 2014.

« Previous Topic · European Studies · Next Topic »
Add Reply