Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bronze Age Center. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bronze bracelets/cuffs?
Topic Started: Sep 29 2015, 06:18 PM (303 Views)
Jon K
[ * ]
Did the Egyptians make any bracelets or cuffs out of bronze or was it all gold and silver and semi precious gems? I was wondering because i will have a 7x12 in piece of bronze left and i need to make cuffs that are historically accurate. Was just hoping they had found some in digs. Here is sortof what i was thinking. This is an etsy artist. https://www.etsy.com/listing/84661038/gold-...rass?ref=market
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Todd Feinman
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Jon K,Sep 29 2015
06:18 PM
Did the Egyptians make any bracelets or cuffs out of bronze or was it all gold and silver and semi precious gems? I was wondering because i will have a 7x12 in piece of bronze left and i need to make cuffs that are historically accurate. Was just hoping they had found some in digs. Here is sortof what i was thinking. This is an etsy artist. https://www.etsy.com/listing/84661038/gold-...rass?ref=market

Jon,
I don't think they used bronze or copper often for jewelry, though there are apparently some pieces out there. They seem to have mostly used gold, silver or electrum. They don't seem to have any bracelets that resemble that modern cuff bracelet; you could etch the bronze by drawing a design in Sharpie and etching it with ferric chloride, though..

Jon K
[ * ]
Hm, guess I will find another use for the bronze. I have to find some examples of bracelets and cuffs that have been found then. The ones I looked up looked pretty ornate and beyond my current skill level.

Todd Feinman
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Jon K,Sep 29 2015
08:32 PM
Hm, guess I will find another use for the bronze. I have to find some examples of bracelets and cuffs that have been found then. The ones I looked up looked pretty ornate and beyond my current skill level.

You could just make a design with some Djed pillars and ankhs; draw everything on with Sharpie and then dunk it in the ferric chloride for half an hour..

Todd Feinman
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
You could also purchase an "Egyptian bracelet" they range from costume jewelry to real gold and lapis:
https://www.google.com/search?q=djed+pillar...racelet&imgrc=_

Dan Howard
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
You could make a replica of one of these gold objects from bronze. Tin bronze looks pretty close to gold anyway.

« Previous Topic · Egyptian Studies · Next Topic »
Add Reply