Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bronze Age Center. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dawn of the Horse Warriors: Chariot and Cavalry Wa
Topic Started: Jan 28 2015, 10:43 AM (556 Views)
Yves Goris
[ * ]
it seems to me i'm becoming a spammer regarding new books which will appear on bronze age warfare. if it disturbs someone, please let me know....

a new book wil be released by pen & sword. as always with pen & sword books, the release date can be taken with a little pinch of salt though...

My Webpage

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Todd Feinman
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Yves Goris,Jan 28 2015
10:43 AM
it seems to me i'm becoming a spammer regarding new books which will appear on bronze age warfare. if it disturbs someone, please let me know....

a new book wil be released by pen & sword. as always with pen & sword books, the release date can be taken with a little pinch of salt though...

My Webpage

Thanks for the info! Wonderful :) I'll have to get it for my library; Dan's book circulates quite well here.

Matthew Amt
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Please keep on spamming, Yves! We are eating it up.

Matthew

Edwin Deady
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Was reading Chariot by Arthur Cotterell this morning. Worth a look.

I am not convinced that cavalry followed chariots in all areas. Horse riding surely preceded it in some areas.

Yves Goris
[ * ]
partridge mentions wall paintings of what he thinks are 'scouts' and messengers on horseback.

edit: book 'fighting pharaohs'

Todd Feinman
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Yves Goris,Jan 29 2015
07:11 PM
partridge mentions wall paintings of what he thinks are 'scouts' and messengers on horseback.

Here is one depiction:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/re...raphy/185735540

Yves Goris
[ * ]
the guy looks 'un-egyptian' to me. nubian?

Dan Howard
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Yves Goris,Jan 29 2015

The Egyptians definitely used mounted men as scouts and messengers. They were called hpytw. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in my book.

Todd Feinman
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Dan Howard,Jan 29 2015
09:16 PM
Yves Goris,Jan 29 2015

The Egyptians definitely used mounted men as scouts and messengers. They were called hpytw. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in my book.

Yepsters!:

https://books.google.com/books?id=diOx0cfHe...q=hpytw&f=false

Yves Goris
[ * ]
according to pen & sword website, this book is released.

did not see anything yet from amazon though...

« Previous Topic · Near Eastern Studies · Next Topic »
Add Reply