Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bronze Age Center. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New here and help required!
Topic Started: Jun 25 2013, 03:18 PM (488 Views)
ScottRoush
[ * ]
I'm a swordsmith that is about to dabble in bronze casting of blades. I have an interest in the early Chinese bronze jian/broadsword and am seeking resources to aid me in developing correct distal taper and cross sections. In particular I'm interested in the sword of Goujian. Which seems like a flat diamond profile from pictures.. but I also get a hint of some hollow grounding.

Thank you in advance!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gregory J. Liebau
Fearless Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Welcome,

Weirdly, I was just looking at your Forn thread on myArmoury and noticed your interest in casting a Chinese sword. There are several expert members here that can help you out, and in particular I'm sure Jeroen will chime in. Some of the folks are quite sporadic with their posting so give us some time to get back to you, sir. I hope you enjoy your stay, and I appreciate your presence.

- Gregory

ScottRoush
[ * ]
Thank you Gregory...

:-) Yeah.. I get off on tangents easily and now I'm not going to rest until I get a decent sword casting.

Thanks for the note...

« Previous Topic · Chinese Studies · Next Topic »
Add Reply