Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bronze Age Center. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Merry Christmas!
Topic Started: Dec 25 2005, 07:07 AM (782 Views)
Gregory J. Liebau
Fearless Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Merry Christmas, folks! Happy holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas! If there's a particular kind of festivity you take part in this time of year that isn't Christian in origin, please post it here for recognition! I'm interested, particularly, in seeing if much religious diversity accompanies a fascination for the Bronze Age! Ha!

I'm thanking God this season for the success I've gotten in these forums, and for a whole great year ahead! Imagine all of the information we'll have here by the end of next December!

Cheers!

-Gregory-
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Merry Christmas to you to Gregory, and the rest of the forum!

Matthew Amt
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Well, I *hope* everyone had a Merry Christmas! Got a couple great books, "Bronze and the Bronze Age", and "Prehistoric Fabrics". And a belt sander!

Everyone writing up their New Year's Resolutions? I think I failed in mine for 2005: Watch more TV and gain 20 pounds. Oh, well. Still makes sense for one's resolutions to be something to look forward to, eh?

Khairete,

Matthew

Gregory J. Liebau
Fearless Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Mine last year was to finish my Mycenaean and Egyptian kits. Guess what it'll be this year?

Same damn thing... :\

-Gregory-

Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Well, I *hope* everyone had a Merry Christmas!  Got a couple great books, "Bronze and the Bronze Age", and "Prehistoric Fabrics". And a belt sander!

Excellent presents (don't you mean "Prehistoric textiles" b.t.w.?)

Quote:

Everyone writing up their New Year's Resolutions? 
Yeah, cast more bronze then last year :) And finish some stuff too of course...

LuciŽn Olinga
Member Avatar
1/12 scale statue man
[ *  *  * ]
Gregory J. Liebau,Dec 26 2005
07:33 PM
Mine last year was to finish my Mycenaean and Egyptian kits.  Guess what it'll be this year?

Same damn thing... :\

-Gregory-

As long as we keep trying.. stuff eventually will get done..
I'm still bugging with the bronze statue of the Danish warrior.. I'll hope to get it finally done while I'm having my holidays this week..

Greetings LuciŽn..

Matthew Amt
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

(don't you mean "Prehistoric textiles" b.t.w.?)

Whoops, yup! I was in worse shape than I thought, yesterday. (Discovered a pinhole leak in a pipe Sunday night, tried patching with rubber and a hose clamp but it won't stop dripping. And I have a very strong if irrational paranoia about pipes and plumbing, so I was sick all day Monday...) Thanks for catching that!

Matthew

Billy Mag Fhloinn
[ * ]
I got a belt sander too, and a voucher for a hardware store. Bandsaw here we come!

Happy new year too everyone.

Le meas,
Billy.

Adam Cripps
[ * ]
New Years resolution? Heck...get all these darn impressions 100% completed before I start College next August and won't have money to do a dang thing with them.....

I know it's late, but Merry Christmas everyone! And a happy new year!

Cheers,
Adam C.

P.S. To get back on topic, yes, I celebrate Christmas....

Edwin Deady
Member Avatar
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
Plumbing can get you down. We had a persistent dripping tap in the kitchen that nothing would cure. Spent so much time on it and got so fed up that we eventually tore down the kitchen and built a new extension and kitchen complete with evrything new including taps. (rest of kitchen was grotty as well)

...**&&@@@@ thing was, within a month of the new kitchen being built a tap was dripping again!!!!! but we now have a new new mixer tap that only drips sometimes.

On water and the Bronze Age, I think we underestimat how far people would be willing to carry water for their minimal requirements thus settlements away from water aren't unusual.

Happy Happy New Year to everyone.

Edwin

« Previous Topic · News and Updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply