Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bronze Age Center. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Civilian items
Topic Started: Dec 15 2004, 12:12 AM (531 Views)
Gregory J. Liebau
Fearless Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Well, I have been getting rather bored with all of the swords and such these days, and have been eyeing lots of pretty pieces from multiple cultures that I'm interested in, that would make nice, functional everyday things for me to use. Some of these would include tables, chairs, cushions, different types of clothing, bags, etc...

Anyone have any information or pictures of some of this stuff that I could use for Mycenaean/Minoan reeactment..?

Thanks.

-Gregory-
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brock H
Patron
[ *  *  * ]
I have some that might do in one or more of my books (big surprise, eh?). I'll send pics when I have time, hopefully at least a few Friday.

T. Finkas
[ * ]
I have some info I will dig up. It includes beds, chairs and such. I have been contemplating building a Mycenaean bed and chair---the start of an encampment!

The elusive thing I am looking for is any info on tents of this era. Homer mentions tents but gives no details. If anybody out there has any leads on tent info, I am listening! I have considered Bedouin type tents, gers (yurts), and the typical Roman type wall tent (which resembles a Greek temple, if you stop and think about it...

Of course, potteryexamples are not difficult to find. I know a historical potter that might be pursuaded to make some items.

That's it for now.

Cheers,
Tim

« Previous Topic · Aegean Studies · Next Topic »
Add Reply