Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Anime Red. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Are Netflix Animes That Good?
Topic Started: Aug 31 2017, 11:06 AM (205 Views)
Quaidis
Member Avatar
Poster
Castlevania is a beautiful anime and I'm glad Netflix made it. Here's hoping they make more of it!

After watching the greatness that is Castlevania & how cool it is as a game to anime, I swore the other animes made my Netflix would also be good.

Watched a few episodes of Seven Deadly Sins. It's not that good. It's really bad and hard to watch. What kind of perverted guy made this? The plot is weak, and the main lady charrie is perfectly cool, or oblivious, to having the main dude charrie grab her boobs & fondle her for no reason. She doens't know the guy! Slap him at least! Those parts are unnecissary and make an otherwise average blah anime kinda bad.

I put SDS down and started watching Adventures of Sinbad. This starts out 2/5 bad. The characters are one dimensional, there's still a gender gap (though thankfully no random boob grabs), and there's this lack of coherent pacing. That's at first. Eventually they introduce a lady character and treat her well. And after maybe 8 eps the plot per episode is handled way better. Makes me think this was the first time someone made an anime and didn't know how to direct it.

What other animes has Netflix made? Are any of them as good as Castlevania?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Astara Virgo
Member Avatar
Derpmeister
I am afraid to have to disappoint you. Castlevania was awesome (already seen it), but from what I have heard the other stuff is mostly not as good.

Also there's the Death Note Live Action movie... Which sucks immense balls. To quote Wikipedia:

Critics called Death Note "a bad decision on top of a festering pile of bad decisions", "lazy, unambitious, forgettable movie" and "boring"

This was verified by multiple friends of mine, most of which picked up the movie to see the train wreck...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Quaidis
Member Avatar
Poster
:o You're making me want to see the DeathNote live action to see how bad it is. It can't be worse than the Avatar: Last Airbender and DBZ live actions.

... Oh shoot, maybe I should see the Ghost in the Shell live action. I wonder if Netflix picked it up.

Astara Virgo
Member Avatar
Derpmeister
I once again have to disappoint you...

I've also heard from multiple people that this was actually worse than Avatar - The Last Airbender and Dragonball... Heck, Twilight was a better love story than this...

Ghost in the Shell is just a mediocre movie... Not half bad, but not half good either...

KrazyKelli
Member Avatar
Kami-sama Admin
I find it hard to believe anything is worse than Twilight.

Quaidis
Member Avatar
Poster
`` A mediocre live action anime sounds like a positive review, right? I don't know of any live action anime that's good. :o O wait, I have. The Kenshin LA movies are really good.

We should have a bad anime marathon one day. Get everyone involved who has Netflix. Least bad to very very bad. What order would it be in, and what movies?

KrazyKelli
Member Avatar
Kami-sama Admin
Ya know, I had my hopes up with the Sinbad anime. Was pretty good compared to the others (everyone knows Castlevania rules by now ;) ). But Sinbad is a prequel anime to the series called Magi, which starts out with the main character grabbing boobs. Thus starts the cycle all over again of 'what was the licensing agent thinking?'

Outside of that - and who knows, Magi might grow on me after a few episodes - the one other nitpick I have is they pronounce it mah-gee, instead of what I'm use to hearing as 'ma-jeye'. The later is the plural to mage, holding the same j sound. I swear this isn't like Final Fantasy 7 with chocobo, mako, and bahamut.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Teahouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply