Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Anime Red. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Biking for Kid's Cancer
Topic Started: Jun 28 2017, 09:30 AM (134 Views)
KrazyKelli
Member Avatar
Kami-sama Admin
I've been biking a ton, and I'm going to bike something fierce until June 30 to try and raise 500 bucks for research on kid's cancer. If anyone on AR wants to donate even a little to this before June ends, please do. It's for a good cause.

The link and info about the fundraiser is there:https://greatcyclechallenge.com/Riders/KelliStakenas

Update - I made my goals!

Update 2 - Since the fundraiser is over they took down all riders and reset for next year's promotion. Thanks to everyone that participated!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KrazyKelli
Member Avatar
Kami-sama Admin
Wanted to update and let everyone know that I made my final goal of 750 raised for kid's cancer right on the last day of the challenge, as well as biked the full 200 miles. Thanks to everyone that participated! :D

During the ride I'd been hit by a car and the back tire of the bike got trashed, but I was able to get that fixed and heal up in time, and I'm pretty stubborn about finishing my goals. So I pushed myself to do something like 20 miles a day at the end to reach the finish line. During the later half of the biking I also lost a front tire from a nasty thorn during a post-storm debris field. Was completely prepared for it :D

The great cycle challenge was epicly fun. If I had a chance to do it again, I'd do it in a heart beat. Don't know where he is, but I want to personally thank Santo PG for getting me into this in the first place. And I want to let everyone here know that the challenge is a yearly deal that starts on June 1 and goes for a month or two, so be prepared for next year :ph43r:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Cafe · Next Topic »
Add Reply