Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Anime Red. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fallout 4; War never changes...
Topic Started: Apr 7 2016, 06:39 PM (276 Views)
Raguna Megido
Member Avatar
Groovy Author (Hullo)
Fallout 4 starts the player off before the nuclear apocalypse, but finds them in the wasteland none the less. Anyone who has played the games before will know what to expect, some survival aspects, raiders, super mutants, and a plethora of weapons, some more oddball than others.

Anyone else playing this one? It's full of post-apocalyptic goodness. And even on normal, expect to die a lot. I'm randomly finding legendary enemies, some of which will easily kill you, totally out of nowhere. Like I was derping around, and a legendary glowing radstag came out of nowhere and killed me. That said, killing these legendary baddies gets you better legendary loot.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KrazyKelli
Member Avatar
Kami-sama Admin
oo I've heard weird stuff about the fallout series. How it gets... not as good... the further into the series you get. LIke, there's less to do or something XD less scenery? More barren?

XD Prove me wrong.

Raguna Megido
Member Avatar
Groovy Author (Hullo)
I think it really depends on where you come into the series from, and what you're expecting.

I started with Fallout 3, set in the Capitol Wasteland (read: destroyed D.C.). Have not played the first two yet, so can't comment extensively on them. That one got me hooked. It's more the sci-fi/retro-future cousin to The Elder Scrolls fantasy setting.

It's certainly prettier than Fallout 3 or New Vegas, of those two I'd recommend 3, but there were things in NV not in vanilla 4, but mods are always a possibility for that stuff (ex. different ammo type creation).

The scenery will vary, location by location, as in the others. This one is set around Boston. So there is variety, not super barren. That was probably more evident in NV, as it was largely a desert setting.

I really like the new weather system, the occasional radiation storms are eerily pretty, but slowly drive up your radiation levels (which can be lowered via item or doctor).

Some have said the map is smaller, and I would say it's certainly smaller than something like Skyrim, but it's also been said it's more densely packed with stuff to do, which certainly seems to be the case. The Automatron DLC adds more armor, weapons and enemies, as well as a new NPC and robot crafting workbench, and a quest chain. And there's then there's the Far Harbor DLC, which may have a playtime on it's own of around 20-22 hours according to one account I read during a quick Google.

Fallout 4 Official Trailer:
https://youtu.be/GE2BkLqMef4

Far Harbor Trailer:
https://youtu.be/B0wSCFBJcSs

Oh and there's the Power Armor, so you can feel a bit like Iron Man as you step into it, or jump off high stuff and take no fall damage, all with a good whoomp sound (and potentially damage enemies). You can slap a jet pack on it, and get a slight boost on your jumps (I'm sure there will be flight mods).

Plus, you can derp around with the settlement building stuff.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Arcade · Next Topic »
Add Reply