Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Anime Red. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ZetaBoards to TapaTalk Now, or maybe elsewhere
Topic Started: Jun 27 2018, 12:26 PM (35 Views)
KrazyKelli
Member Avatar
Kami-sama Admin
Got an announcement that Zetaboard, like invisionfree, is also being migrated to the tapatalk platform. The one we didn't choose originally when IF went belly up, but now are being forced to.

I'm honestly getting sick of all these acquisitions. So I'm also looking at the option of starting AR afresh on Proboards or another more reliable forum provider. AR on Zetaboards will still become AR on Tapatalk. It'll likely be autodirected like IF did to Zeta. Chances are profiles/members/posts will all go over as smoothly as before. It's unclear if the CSS will still be a pain in the neck or the coding will any more of a mess.

However... If I make an AR on another forum outlet everything will not be moved with it. We will end up with two boards. All Rps would be split between the old forum (which will be on tapatalk) and the new forum (which will be on the new host). I'd probably end up locking the current AR after a point or removing new member registrations to avoid conflict. We'd have to start whole new threads, make new accts, and reup all our character profiles. However I'd be 100% the owner of the new board, could opt into removing advertisements, and have much more control over everything. So there's a big take to the big give. And we'd stop being moved around on domains as another plus.

Regardless of what happens, an archive of AR will be updated so none of the current posts and rps will be lost into the void forever. I also recommend you save your character profiles just in case.

I want everyone's input on this.

For now, continue rping and posting as you always have here. It'll be clear when the forum moves to tapa, and if I start a fresh forum elsewhere.
Edited by KrazyKelli, Jun 27 2018, 12:33 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Megumi
Member Avatar
A wonderful, talented, absolutely beautiful woman!
Dang! That's a tough decision and grueling if you do start anew. You have always talked about having more control...and you do like control XD.

I honestly say yay to moving and possibly keeping an archive of these for such matters as historical reference but am open to transferring to Tapatalk. It just pains me that I have to yet save another Favorite in my favorites box (sarcasm).

Otherwise, a fresh start begets fresh meat perhaps and possibly a new allure with the potential of having no ads.

Echo
Member Avatar
Ms. Melody
Tapa is going to be a larger pain with the ads than Zeta/IF. They're setting up a system to pop up a whitelist box if you use adblockers.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lenus
Poster
Systematically, I feel there is benefits to switching to a new site altogether. The struggles we have are outright annoying. I wouldn't know personally; however, after speaking with the benefactor for quite some time now, she only seems to find frustration with the current systems. Her accursed attitude toward the problem is valid and warranted. I would like to see stability within the system and hope to benefit from the creative nature of the order.

KrazyKelli
Member Avatar
Kami-sama Admin
So this is going to be the new link: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/anime_red/

That's also currently the preview board, or test board. Anything posted on the test board at this very moment will not be saved. I also don't know why the test board hasn't updated posts in two months, but trust that'll all be smoothed out during the migration. After the board moves, I might have to put in CSS skins again, if I'm given the option. Basically that's a link that this forum will conquer and write over when the migration eventually happens.
Edited by KrazyKelli, Jul 4 2018, 05:28 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News Highlites · Next Topic »
Add Reply